PDF files of my resume and CV:
● Location: Gainesville, FL
● Phone: (727) 698-4327
● Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Doctor of Philosophy in Environmental Engineering Sciences May 2020
University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
Bachelor of Science in Environmental Engineering Sciences May 2016
University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
Associate in Arts (Pre-Engineering) May 2013
St. Petersburg College, Clearwater, FL
Seafood Associate, Winn-Dixie, Clearwater, FL May 2014-Dec. 2015
- Served customers and fulfilled requests in a quick, friendly manner.
- Cooperated with co-workers to accomplish daily goals and satisfy consumer demand.
- Worked with co-workers to bring in record sales for Meat & Seafood Department.
- Rotated stock to reduce shrink and maximize revenue.
- Trained new hires to excel in workplace.
Living Assistant, Private Employer, Clearwater, FL June 2010-Mar. 2013
- Utilized effective verbal communication to correspond with visually impaired.
- Aided in editing and compiling employer’s memoirs.
- Customized household for easy accessibility for visually and physically handicapped.
RESEARCH & TEACHING
Graduate Research & Teaching Assistant, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
- Managed solid & hazardous waste research in litter prevention & WTE residue beneficial use.
- Mentored undergraduates in scientific research with emphasis on methodology and theory.
- Chosen to co-teach Introduction to Engineering for Summer B and Fall 2016 semesters.
- Guided discussion of environmental engineering topics for 240 students/semester.
Graham Center Civic Scholars, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
Feb. 2014-Apr. 2016
- Researched & wrote about infrastructure issues in Gilchrist County, FL and Florida as whole.
- Communicated with county officials to pinpoint local infrastructure dilemmas and solutions.
- Investigated & wrote about food insecurity in Union County, FL in 2015.
- Published public policy brief on alleviating food insecurity with use of nanotechnology.
- Mentored fifty 2016 Program scholars to exceed expectations in research and developing solutions.
University Scholars Program, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
Feb. 2015-Apr. 2016
- One of 200 students chosen throughout UF to engage in research for 2015/16 academic year.
- Compared FTIR & Boehm titrations to analyze activated carbon surface group functionality.
- Presented in throughout the 2015/16 year at CURBS, ESSIE, FURC and Undergraduate Research Symposiums to explain current results and learn about other studies.
- Submitted journal article to UF’s JUR & defended honors thesis on topic to graduate summa cum laude.
Mentor, Motiv-8, Gainesville, FL Sep. 2013-Apr. 2014
- Volunteered at two local middle schools for one hour every week inspiring academic confidence in mentees.
- Collaborated with mentees on school assignments and other nonacademic concerns.
- Explored future academic and career opportunities with mentees, focusing on STEM.
- Interacted with teachers, staff, and other students at school in a professional, friendly manner.
Mathematics Tutor, Private Employer, Safety Harbor, FL June 2013-July 2013
- Improved student’s Calculus 2 course average by several letter grades.
- Provided and discussed detailed explanations and strategies for solving problems.
- Pinpointed student’s issues with course material.
Webmaster, Social & Alumni Chairs, UF Chapter of Tau Beta Pi, Gainesville, FL
- Updated and maintains the organization’s website using PHP coding concepts.
- Organized organization’s website in an efficient, accurate manner so as to improve dissemination of TBP-related online information for members, institutions, and the public.
- Fosters and sets up socials to promote organization cohesiveness and encourage membership and retention.
- Engages alumni and student members to increase interaction between these groups.
Vice President, UF Chapter of Chi Epsilon, Gainesville, FL Apr. 2014-Apr. 2015
- Performed leadership roles when necessary and assists in organization’s planning & duties.
- Coordinated guest speakers to come and present their knowledge at general body meetings.
- Organized Fundamentals of Engineering exam reviews for both members and nonmembers.
Promotional Officer, Florida Engineering Society, Clearwater, FL
Aug. 2012-May 2013
- Presented at the 2013 Florida Engineering Society Leadership Conference.
- Recipient of Pinellas Chapter of FES Scholarship Award.
- Assisted in leadership duties, advertised organization, and recruited members on campus.
Microsoft Office programs Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (Proficiency, Certified 2007)
Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications (Proficiency)
AutoCAD 2014 (Proficiency)